Unmissable holiday deals in Queensland
Published Sunday, 04 February, 2024 at 12:28 PM
Minister for Tourism and Sport
The Honourable Michael Healy
- More than 500 unmissable deals are on offer to attract more visitors to Queensland.
- The campaign supports regions and tourism jobs following our severe summer weather
- Tourism and Events Queensland’s latest marketing campaign will run in Australia and New Zealand from 5 February – 31 March.
More than 500 Queensland tourism experiences and accommodation will be offered in Tourism and Events Queensland’s (TEQ) latest campaign ‘Unmissable Holiday Deals’.
The seven-week marketing campaign in Australia and New Zealand strives to maintain the state’s dominance of the domestic tourism market.
It will run across social media, display, broadcast video on demand, YouTube, radio and a high-impact partnership with print media to ensure people know what Queensland has to offer.
There is great value to be found all across the state with discounted stays, money-off experiences, kids stay and eat free and loads more on offer.
Some of the best deals include a week in the Whitsundays for $999, two for one with Queensland Rail and 30 per cent off Gold Coast Aqua super passes.
TEQ will also partner with Air New Zealand, Webjet, Jetstar, Wotif, Helloworld, House of Travel, Bonza, Luxury Escapes and My Queensland throughout the campaign to offer compelling, affordable holiday deals on airfares, packages and hotels to drive bookings in Queensland.
Access all of the deals here, with new deals being added throughout the campaign - queensland.com/unmissabledeals
This campaign is the latest in a series that have been launched already this year, supporting regions following severe weather and aiming to drive visitation in the short term to support jobs in the industry right around the state.
Campaigns that have already been rolled out include sales with Qantas and Jetstar, the sell-out GC SummerFUNds initiative and the Cairns Tropical Dollars.
Tourism is worth $33.2 billion dollars to the Queensland economy, representing about one in 12 jobs.
Quotes attributable to Tourism Minister Michael Healy:
“These amazing deals couldn’t come at a better time to help with the cost-of-living pressures, offering great deals so families can still take a holiday.
“We also need more people back in our regions experiencing our bucket list holiday destinations after the impacts of the severe weather and our operators are ready to welcome you.
“Whether it is enjoying four nights for the price of three at the Crocodile Hunter Lodge, saving $130 per family on a Lady Musgrave experience or kids staying and eating free at Kingfisher Bay Resort, these deals won’t last long and will be a huge boost to Queensland’s visitor economy and the 200,000-plus Queenslanders whose jobs rely on tourism.”
Quotes attributable to CEO, Tourism and Events Queensland Patricia O'Callaghan:
“With more than 500 Queensland tourism experiences and accommodation deals on offer we want to make sure that everyone can experience a Queensland holiday.
“The hunger for a Queensland holiday has always been strong and we want you to see for yourself why Queensland is the country’s number one holiday destination.
“Our industry is in need of bookings after a tough start to the year so this campaign will help covert that dreaming into a real booking.
“When you come to Queensland you create lasting memories so be sure to grab an unmissable deal!”
- The Crocodile Hunter Lodge – stay four nights, pay for three
- Scales and Tails SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast + Wildlife HQ – 20 per cent off
- Paradise Country - Enjoy breakfast with the Koalas from $69
- Vista Holiday Apartments - Enjoy a week in The Whitsundays for only $999.
- Peppers Broadbeach – 15 per cent off a three night stay
- Treasury Brisbane – 20 per cent off stays and a $50 dining credit
- Lady Musgrave Experience – save $130 on a family pass.
- GC Aqua Park – 30 per cent off a super pass.
- Tropic Wings Cairns tours – up to 20 per cent off.
- Billy Tea Safaris - Save $65 on 2 day Rainforest and Outback Package.
- RACV Noosa Resort - Stay longer and save up to 20 per cent
- K'gari Beach Resort - enjoy a 3-night stay at K'gari Beach Resort and receive $1 ferry transfers and $1 buffet breakfasts.
- Queensland Rail Travel – two for the price of one
- Kingfisher Bay Resort - Kids travel, stay and eat for free
- Carnarvon Gorge Wilderness Lodge – stay four, pay for three
- NRMA Agnes Water Holiday Park – stay three nights and get 30 per cent off
- Cape Hillsborough Nature Tourist Park – save up to 30 per cent
- Eromanga Natural History Museum – one to two night dinosaur insiders package
Media contact – Bill Walker 0437 859 987