Defence and Aerospace Industry Development Funding for Qld businesses
Published Thursday, 25 May, 2023 at 10:18 AM
Deputy Premier, Minister for State Development, Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning and Minister Assisting the Premier on Olympic and Paralympic Games Infrastructure
The Honourable Dr Steven Miles
- 24 Queensland businesses are sharing in more than $420,000 from Round 3 of the $1.5 million Defence and Aerospace Industry Development Fund (DAIDF)
- DAIDF is designed to assist SMEs acquire recognised certification to help them participate in new or existing supply chains in the defence, aerospace and space industries
- More than 40% of the Australian Defence Force is based in Queensland
Across Queensland, 24 businesses have been awarded funding through Round 3 of the Queensland Government’s $1.5 million Defence and Aerospace Industry Development Fund (DAIDF).
Deputy Premier and Minister for State Development Steven Miles announced the successful businesses in Parliament.
Two indigenous-owned businesses are among the recipients.
The successful recipients are based in Far North Queensland, Fraser Coast, South East Queensland and Western Downs.
The DAIDF is designed to help small-to-medium sized businesses obtain internationally recognised certification, so they can compete more strongly in Australian and global defence, aerospace and space supply chains.
Some of the successful businesses include:
- MFE Pty Ltd ($30,000) - A Chinchilla business providing manufacturing, maintenance, project and refrigeration services to the resource and related industries with a focus on sustainability, diversity and responsiveness.
- JRS Manufacturing Group ($30,000) - A Toowoomba business providing certified, first-rate plate, pipe and structural steel fabrication and welding services world-wide. It is currently a supplier into the aerospace supply chain.
- Ravinn Pty Ltd ($6,737) – An Australian veteran-owned business, headquartered in Brisbane, that specialises in Cyber Resilience and Threat Intelligence. Ravinn uses unique skills and expertise gained first-hand from military cyber and intelligence operations to work with companies to reduce risk and enable executive decision-making and future planning in evolving and often confusing environments. Currently supplying into the defence and aerospace supply chain.
- Shine Precision Industries Pty Ltd ($7,150) - an advanced engineering and manufacturing business, complete with state-of-the-art manufacturing and automated quality inspection equipment. It is currently supplying into the defence and aerospace supply chain.
For more information go to Defence and Aerospace Industry Development Fund
Quotes attributable to Deputy Premier Steven Miles:
“The Queensland Government has made no secret of the fact that we want to be the lead state in supporting Australia’s Defence needs through our homegrown businesses.
“With a heavy Defence presence across the State, defence industries have far-reaching benefits for regional Queensland.
“More than 40 per cent of Australian Army personnel and their vehicles are based in Queensland and the state is in a prime position to leverage this.
“Which is why it is a priority of this Government to assist many of our smaller businesses to develop and promote their defence, aerospace and space capabilities here and overseas.
“The defence industry and the closely aligned aerospace industry are major employers throughout the state, generating billions of dollars in revenue."
Emilia Hutchinson - 0437 060 435