Nominations closing for Safe Work and Return to Work Awards
Published Wednesday, 15 June, 2022 at 03:07 PM
Minister for Education, Minister for Industrial Relations and Minister for Racing
The Honourable Grace Grace
Time is running out for workplaces operating in Queensland to nominate for the 2022 Safe Work and Return to Work Awards to recognise and celebrate their safety success stories.
Industrial Relations Minister Grace Grace said you can nominate your own initiatives or those of someone else you think should be honoured for their commitment to keeping Queenslanders safe at work.
“Businesses or individuals showing innovation and strong leadership in work health and safety, electrical safety or return to work over the past 12 months need to get cracking as nominations close on 17 June,” Ms Grace said.
“There were quality entries across the board last year, and the winners were outstanding. We’re expecting much the same in 2022.”
The annual awards presented by Workplace Health and Safety Queensland will again include a category for businesses which demonstrated outstanding response to COVID-19.
There are 12 award categories in 2022, with businesses and individuals eligible for prizes of up to $2,000.
• Category 1 – Best solution to an identified health and safety issue
• Category 2 – Best individual contribution to work health and safety
• Category 3 – Best solution to an identified electrical safety issue
• Category 4 – Most significant improvement to work health and safety performance
• Category 5 – Best commitment to work health and wellbeing
• Category 6 – Best demonstrated healthy and safe work design
• Category 7 – Best demonstrated leadership in work health and safety (closed category – entrants for this category are chosen by the judging panels for categories one to six)
• Category 8 – Injured worker achievement award
• Category 9 – Best rehabilitation and return to work management system
• Category 10 – Best individual contribution to rehabilitation and return to work
• Category 11 – Best demonstrated leadership in return to work (closed category – entrants for this category are chosen by the judging panels for categories eight to ten)
• Category 12 – Best response to the COVID-19 pandemic in work health and safety
Entries close Friday 17 June 2022, with all finalists invited to the awards ceremony on Friday 21 October 2022 at the W Hotel in Brisbane.
The awards will be presented by Queensland Safety Ambassador Shane Webcke.
To check out previous award winners, category details (including eligibility guidelines and assessment criteria) and everything you need to nominate yourself or someone else, simply go to WorkSafe.qld.gov.au.
If you need help with your entry call 1300 362 128 or email email@example.com
Minister Grace: Bryce Heaton 0434 575 237
Office of Industrial Relations Media: 0478 332 200