Budget to keep Queensland COVID Safe and bouncing back
Published Tuesday, 01 December, 2020 at 02:15 PM
Treasurer and Minister for Investment
The Honourable Cameron Dick
Queensland’s COVID-19 response will continue to keep Queenslanders safe and support our ongoing economic recovery thanks to an additional $360.5 million Budget allocation for a range of critical health-related services.
Treasurer and Minister for Investment Cameron Dick said the funding was in addition to standard operational funding for health and emergency services.
“Our economy is bouncing back strongly thanks to Queensland’s incredible health response to COVID-19 and with the border re-opening to Victoria and Greater Sydney today, we look forward to welcoming more visitors back to our beautiful state,” Mr Dick said.
“Building on our initial $1.2 billion Queensland Health COVID-19 response plan established earlier this year, the $360.5 million allocation for 2020-21 will support a range of critical services to ensure Queensland remains COVID safe, as we manage people returning to our state.
“This funding will continue the operation of fever clinics, contract tracing, 13 HEALTH and aeromedical services, the facilitation of quarantine in government-arranged accommodation, as well as covering the costs of personal protective equipment.
“It will also provide a funding contingency for any future COVID-19 Public Health Directions including any necessary border control measures, restrictions on gatherings and limitations on the operation of businesses, if required.
“We’ve been able to keep our economy open because of our strong health response.
“As COVID-19 continues to surge around the world it is vital that we maintain the services that have kept Queenslanders safe.”
Visit the Budget webpage to learn more and access an interactive map of Budget initiatives across Queensland.
Media contact: Geoff Breusch – 0417 272 875