Qld COVID-19 – Mon May 4: Classroom plans
Published Monday, 04 May, 2020 at 05:00 PM
Premier and Minister for Trade
The Honourable Annastacia Palaszczuk
Classroom work will resume next week for early years and senior students - followed in two weeks by the remainder - while next month is the target for cafes, with the number of active COVID-19 cases in Queensland less than 60 and three new cases confirmed.
There are now 52 active cases, 980 recovered and six deaths for a total of 1038.
With the Education Minister, Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said Queensland’s success in slowing the spread of COVID-19 enabled a sensible, gradual return to school:
- May 11: Kindy, Prep, Years 1, 11 and 12 return to learning at school
- May 15: Assess state-wide response to easing of restrictions
- May 25: Proposed re-opening to remaining students in remaining grades
“The majority of people have been responsible and doing a really good job over the weekend as some recreation restrictions eased,” Ms Palaszczuk said.
“I am sure this arrangement is going to benefit the whole school community, but also then we are absolutely focussed on how we can get people back to work as well.
“That will be the focus of my discussions this week when I am meeting with a variety of stakeholders to set out a similar plan to this.
“I think June is a good ambitious target for cafes.”
- The Premier said border restrictions were reviewed at the end of every but there were no plans yet to change them because of cases from interstate hotspots.
"Once we see those hotspots clear of community transmission, that is when I think there will be reason to look at that,” the Premier said.
New: 0 Active: 52 Recovered: 980 Deaths: 6 Total: 1038 Tests: 116,650
- 3 new cases for a total of 1038 – by health district
- Sensible steps back to school
- Stars align to keep Queenslanders healthy at home
- Fossick away
- Home, movement and gathering restrictions - updated (recreation) from Sat May 2
- Protecting Public Officials and Workers
- Border restrictions and COVID-19 hotspots