Safe Work and Return to Work Award nominations close soon
Published Monday, 02 July, 2018 at 05:00 PM
Minister for Education and Minister for Industrial Relations
The Honourable Grace Grace
Time is running out for Queensland workplaces to enter the 2018 Safe Work and Return to Work Awards, with nominations closing on Friday 6 July.
Industrial Relations Minister Grace Grace said the awards recognised those workplaces which go above and beyond to prevent workplace injuries and help workers with injury rehab.
“Queenslanders lead the way in work health and safety, rehabilitation and return to work,” Ms Grace said.
“The Palaszczuk Government is committed to recognise and share examples of organisations or individuals doing great things in this space.
“I encourage workers and workplaces making difference to nominate for the 2018 Safe Work and Return to Work Awards.”
Ms Grace said the awards acknowledged a range of achievements, from the best workplace health and wellbeing initiative to best leadership.
“I strongly encourage Queensland workplaces to consider entering, as winners can collect up to $2000 in prize money.”
Queensland Safety Ambassador Shane Webcke will be on hand to announce the winners at a gala awards ceremony in Brisbane on Tuesday 2 October.
The Safe Work and Return to Work Awards are broken into 10 categories:
- Category one – Best solution to an identified health and safety issue
- Category two – Best individual contribution to work health and safety
- Category three – Best solution to an identified electrical safety issue
- Category four – Most significant improvement to work health and safety performance
- Category five – Best workplace health and wellbeing initiative
- Category six – Best demonstrated leadership in work health and safety (entrants for this category are chosen by the judges from categories one to five)
- Category seven – Injured worker achievement award
- Category eight – Best rehabilitation and return to work system
- Category nine – Best individual contribution to rehabilitation and return to work
- Category ten – Best demonstrated leadership in return to work (entrants for this category are chosen by the judges from categories seven to nine).
To enter or nominate someone else for the 2018 Safe Work and Return to Work Awards, visit www.worksafe.qld.gov.au. Examples of previous winning initiatives are also available online.
Media enquiries: Emma Clarey – 0439 578 472